Quick Connect Instructions
- Students should connect to the appropriate wireless network (SSID). Student-BYOD-Meraki (typically High School, Middle Schools and Bridge Valley, Mill Creek, and Groveland) or Student-Internet-Only (typically, in the other elementary schools).
- Faculty should connect to the appropriate wireless network (SSID). Faculty-BYOD-Meraki (typically High School, Middle Schools and Bridge Valley, Mill Creek, and Groveland) or Faculty-Internet-Only Connect (typically, in the other elementary schools).
- Open a web browser on your device
- Enter your CBSD network username and password
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will CBSD Tech Support Staff assist me in connecting my personal electronic communication device to the CBSD network?
CBSD Tech Support Staff are not permitted to work on or configure personal devices. They may offer information and guidelines in regard to connecting personal devices to the wireless network. Although they may provide information and guidelines, CBSD Tech Support staff will need to assign a higher priority to supporting district owned devices and network resources than to providing information and guidelines regarding personal devices.
- Is the BYOD pilot available in all CBSD buildings?
Yes. However, the wireless network (SSID) is different in different buildings, and for student and faculty. This is highlighted above.
- May I connect my personal device to district printers, network shares (I: drives), or other district resources?
No, your access will be limited primarily to iBoss-filtered website access.
- Are teachers and staff required to permit personal electronic communication devices in their classrooms?
No. Use of personal electronic communication devices in the classroom is at the sole discretion of the classroom teacher, and building access may be restricted by building principals and staff.
- Is there more information I should know about the BYOD pilot?
Yes. If you haven't done so already, please be sure you have read and understand School
Board Policy 829 - Personal Electronic Communication Devices.