Home School Education
Home education programs (also known as homeschooling) are programs where the education of the student is directed by the parent or guardian or such person having legal custody of the child or children. A student who is enrolled in a home school education program will not recieve a Central Bucks School District diploma.
Home Education: How to Begin
A home education program is commenced by the submission of a notarized affidavit to the Supervisor of Student Services, in the student’s district of residence, by the home education supervisor (parent, guardian or person having legal custody of the child).
The affidavit covers the school year (July 1 – June 30) and must be submitted to the district no later than August 1 of each school year a child is homeschooled. The exception is the first year a student is homeschooled; that year the home education program may begin at any time, as soon as an affidavit and supporting documentation is submitted.
Documenting the Program: The Portfolio
During the school year, the supervisor maintains a portfolio of records and materials, demonstrating that an appropriate education is occurring.
Closing out the Year: the Evaluation
A written evaluation of the home education program must be submitted by the home education supervisor to the superintendent of schools in the student’s district of residence no later than June 30 for the closing school year.
The evaluation by a qualified home education evaluator is to be based on an interview of the student and a review of the portfolio; it must state whether an appropriate education has occurred for the student for the closing school year.
The above information can be found at the PA Department of Education, Home Education and Private Tutoring Website
1. Home Education Student Information
• Complete one copy per child Home Education Information - New Student
2. Affidavit - Home Education Program - Please have notarized before returning
• Elementary Affidavit Home Education Elementary Affidavit
• Secondary Affidavit Home Education Secondary Affidavit
3. Outline of Proposed School Year Objectives
4. Current Medical Records, Dental, and Immunization Records New PDE Immunization Requirements
5. Proof of Residency
6. If you are transferring, an official Letter of Transfer from your current Pennsylvania school district
If you have any questions on the above materials required, please contact my office at 267.893.2021.
Please send papework to:
Ms. Corinne Sikora
Central Bucks School District - Educational Services Center
16 Welden Drive
Doylestown, PA 18901