Unami Middle School was dedicated on September 26, 1965 as the third junior high school in the Central Bucks Secondary Jointure. Unami Middle School is named after the Native American tribe, the Unami clan. For further reading, follow the link.
In 1997, the school expanded tremendously with a multi-million dollar expansion that included a new library, a new cafeteria, a spacious new courtyard, a new choral room, two new computer rooms, and over twenty new classrooms. Today, over 1000 students from Chalfont, Warrington, and New Britain attend Unami Middle School.
Unami's office closes at 4:00. Students who are not involved in a scheduled after school activity are expected to leave the premises immediately at regular dismissal time. Students who are involved in a school activity after the office closes should establish a prior plan for communicating with their parent/guardian when the need arises. For students without cell phones may, with teacher permission, use a classroom phone to call home if needed.