Holicong Health Office
Direct Health Office Telephone Line: (267) 893-2740
School Fax: (267) 893-5816
Hours: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Health Office Staff
Donna Radice, RN BSN MEd Certified School Nurse
Kathleen Simons, LPN Health Room Associate
Please review the following information:
Purpose of the School Health Program:
- To ensure that your adolescent will enjoy a healthy and safe school year.
- To facilitate and promote optimal learning by promoting good health among students and staff.
All 7th grade students must have the following to enter school in September effective 2011-12:
- To promote early identification and remediation of student health needs.
- To assist students to assume responsibility for their own health and to develop healthful attitudes and behaviors.
- To provide health education and counseling for students, school personnel and parents.
- To provide health services and first aid for students and staff.
- To promote environmental safety and awareness of hazards.
- To maintain a liaison with health care providers and community health programs/agencies.
- To protect the health of students and staff by preventing the outbreak and spread of communicable diseases.
- To promote school health services as part of the educational process.
- To educate students about their bodies requirements and responsibilities to attain an optimal health status.
1. Documentation of having had the Varicella disease or 2 doses of the vaccine. A minimum of the first dose must have been administered.2. Documentation of having had the Tdap vaccine.
3. Documentation of having had the Menningitis vaccine.
4. Documentation of having had 1 - 3 doses of the Hepatitis B vaccine. A minimum of the first dose must have been administered.
All 8th and 9th grade students must have the following to enter school in September effective 2011-12:
1. Documentation of having had the Varicella disease or 2 doses of the vaccine. A minimum of the first dose must have been administered.
Non-compliance with the above noted state regulations will cause your adolescent to be ineligible to attend school until compliance has been met, effective May 1, 2012.
- Dental exam: required for all 7th grade and new entrance students from another state other than Pennsylvania
- Physical exam: required for any new entrance student from another state.
- Sports physical: required for your adolescent to try-out for any sport. Please see Athletic Dept. web page for more information.
- Medication form: to complete if your child will require medication during the school day. This includes any medication the student may need to use after-school and / or carry on their person. Please speak to Mrs. Radice if your adolescent needs to self-administer a medication (example: asthma inhaler, Epi-Pen, etc.) STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELF-ADMINISTER MEDICATION DURING SCHOOL WITHOUT PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THE HOLICONG’S HEALTH OFFICE STAFF. THIS INCLUDES: antibiotics, analgesics, over-the counter medications, etc.